Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Oil Painting Materials Workshop
In this four-hour class you will gain a thorough knowledge of the varying qualities of Artists Materials available on the market today. We will take an in depth look at the history and invention of materials and how they have impacted art production. We will discuss the uses and applications of each of the following mediums/media:
Canvas, Linen and Substrates
Samples will be provided so that attendees can experiment with various techniques and find out how to achieve the effects they may want to utilise in their own practice. The aim of this lecture is to unlock the particular uses of materials and give attendees a better understanding of what materials are designed to do. It is suggested that you bring a notebook and pen to record any relevant information.
- How to choose pigments, mediums and solvents
- Selecting and caring for brushes
- Choosing substrates
- An introduction to oil painting materials and their application
- Practical demonstrations and the opportunity to experiment with a variety of materials
- Take home examples
- Morning tea
- A notebook
Casual clothes, aprons provided
Oil painters, students with some oil painting experience, conservators, art teachers
Course refund policy:
- Full refunds for cancellations can be given up to 30 days before the course commencement date. If available, we are happy to transfer you to another course or workshop at a later date with 30 days notice.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations up to 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No refund will be given after 10 days before the course commencement date. Under exceptional circumstances a full refund will be given regardless of date of cancellation.
- No make-up classes can be offered for our beginners courses.
- Please note there is a $30 fee deducted on all refunds.
Bookings and class cancellations policy:
Due to the high demand for classes and small number of places available in our 4-week beginners course, Fitzroy Painting is unable to swap, substitute or offer ‘make-up’ classes. Ongoing students please contact us if you are unable to attend a class. Absences without notification will forfeit the full class/course fee and receive no credit.
Should Fitzroy Painting be forced to cancel a class students will be notified as soon as possible prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
Uncollected materials and artworks will be disposed of at the end of each year.