Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Tuesday Morning Studio (Painting/Drawing)
ONGOING TUESDAY MORNING CLASSES
Please note that normal ongoing classes resume from February 4, any bookings made during the holidays will automatically begin in February. Our booking platform automatically displays the next date each week.
Tuesday Morning Studio: Tutor Adriane Strampp
Our ongoing classes provide a supportive and friendly studio environment for students to build confidence and develop their practice with guidance and feedback from their tutor.
This class is aimed at students wanting to explore their own aesthetic interests and direction, whilst concentrating on developing painting and/or drawing skills, techniques and studio practice to make the best work they can with close tutorial support.
Students are encouraged to bring in their own preparatory material to work from, or to set up individual studio-based enquiries from our large supply of props and reference material. Traditional and contemporary painting and drawing techniques are discussed, and optional exercises are available to assist in furthering skills and expanding students practice. Tutors work with each student individually throughout the class.
This class is open to students who wish to draw or paint, painting students must have already completed our beginners course or already have some previous oil painting experience. It is also suitable for artists working in isolation who seek the company of other artists for support and encouragement.
There is a great sense of community in our ongoing classes and many students return year after year. Students may join at any time if a place is available, bookings of 4 and 8-week blocks are available online. Materials storage space is available at the studio for ongoing students. Students are to expected to bring their own materials, or may hire or purchase a kit at the studio. A full materials list can be found here.
About your tutor:
Adriane Strampp graduated from Monash University in 2010 with a Master of Fine Art (by Research). She has had over 30 solo exhibitions, been a finalist for numerous prizes and is represented in Sydney by King Street Gallery , Gallerysmith in Melbourne and Jan Manton Art in Brisbane.
Where to purchase your materials: The following offer our students a 10% discount
Neil Wallace Printmaking Supplies 409 Gore St, Fitzroy Tel: (03) 9419 5949
St Luke, 32 Smith St, Collingwood Tel: (03) 9486 9992
Chapman & Bailey, 420 Johnston Street , Abbotsford Tel: (03) 9417 7957
MES, 33A St David St, Fitzroy Tel: (03) 9419 5666
- Develop skills and techniques
- Develop personal style
- Optional class exercises
- Individual attention and support
- Insight into the practical application of art materials and techniques
- Assistance developing your own practice
- Step-by-step guidance by professional artists
- Flexibility! If you need to miss a class just let us know in advance and you'll be credited a class. (Maximum of 2 changes per 8 weeks.)
- Gourmet refreshments
- Your own materials (or hire a kit from us)
Ongoing students who have either completed our beginners course or have prior painting experience .
Course refund policy:
- Full refunds for cancellations can be given up to 30 days before the course commencement date. If available, we are happy to transfer you to another course or workshop at a later date with 30 days notice.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations up to 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No refund will be given after 10 days before the course commencement date. Under exceptional circumstances a full refund will be given regardless of date of cancellation.
- No make-up classes can be offered for our beginners courses.
- Please note there is a $20 administration fee + the Weteachme booking fee deducted on all refunds.
Bookings and class cancellations policy:
Due to the high demand for classes and small number of places available in our 4-week beginners course, Fitzroy Painting is unable to swap, substitute or offer ‘make-up’ classes. Ongoing students please contact us if you are unable to attend a class. Absences without notification will forfeit the full class/course fee and receive no credit.
Should Fitzroy Painting be forced to cancel a class students will be notified as soon as possible prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
Collection of work and materials left at the studio: Please understand that our storage capacity is extremely limited. Beginners work and painting kits will only be retained for one month after which they will be disposed of. Ongoing students may store their materials in the shelving provided at the studio.