Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Tuesday Morning Studio (Painting/Drawing)
ONGOING TUESDAY MORNING CLASSES
Established in 2009 and run by professional artists and highly qualified teachers, Fitzroy Painting for Beginners began when a need for a ‘back to basics’ method of teaching was identified. Our studio-based classes provides a great environment to develop your painting and drawing with the support and guidance of full-time professional artists. We also have occasional guest artists teaching and running workshops.
Tuesday Morning Studio:
Our ongoing classes provide a supportive and friendly studio environment for students to develop their practice with guidance and feedback from their tutor.
Students are encouraged and assisted to explore their own interests and direction, whilst concentrating on developing painting and/or drawing skills, techniques and studio practice. Optional exercises are available to assist in furthering skills.
This class is suitable for students who have completed our beginners course or who already have some previous oil painting experience. It is also suitable for artists working in isolation who seek the company of other artists for support and encouragement.
Students may join at any time, bookings of 4 and 8-week blocks are available online.
About your tutor:
Adriane Strampp graduated from Monash University in 2010 with a Master of Fine Art (by Research). She has had over 30 solo exhibitions, been a finalist for numerous prizes and is represented in Sydney by King Street Gallery , Gallerysmith in Melbourne, Hill Smith Gallery in Adelaide, and Jan Manton Art in Brisbane.
Where to purchase your materials: The following offer our students a 10% discount
Neil Wallace Printmaking Supplies 409 Gore St, Fitzroy Tel: (03) 9419 5949
St Luke, 32 Smith St, Collingwood Tel: (03) 9486 9992
Chapman & Bailey, 420 Johnston Street , Abbotsford Tel: (03) 9417 7957
MES, 33A St David St, Fitzroy Tel: (03) 9419 5666
- Develop skills and techniques
- Develop personal style
- Optional class exercises
- Individual attention and support
- Insight into the practical application of art materials and techniques
- Assistance developing your own practice
- Step-by-step guidance by professional artists
- Flexibility! If you need to miss a class just let us know in advance and you'll be credited a class. (Maximum of 2 changes per 8 weeks.)
- Gourmet refreshments
- Your own materials (or hire a kit from us)
Ongoing students who have either completed our beginners course or have prior painting experience .
Course refund policy:
- Full refunds for cancellations can be given up to 30 days before the course commencement date. If available, we are happy to transfer you to another course or workshop at a later date with 30 days notice.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations up to 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No refund will be given after 10 days before the course commencement date. Under exceptional circumstances a full refund will be given regardless of date of cancellation.
- No make-up classes can be offered for our beginners courses.
- Please note there is a $30 fee deducted on all refunds.
Bookings and class cancellations policy:
Due to the high demand for classes and small number of places available in our 4-week beginners course, Fitzroy Painting is unable to swap, substitute or offer ‘make-up’ classes. Ongoing students please contact us if you are unable to attend a class. Absences without notification will forfeit the full class/course fee and receive no credit.
Should Fitzroy Painting be forced to cancel a class students will be notified as soon as possible prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
Uncollected materials and artworks will be disposed of at the end of each year.