Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Tuesday Night Atelier - Advanced Painting
Please note that normal ongoing classes resume from February 4, any bookings made during the holidays will automatically begin in February. Our booking platform automatically displays the next date each week.
Tuesday Night Painting Atelier: Tutor Kez Hughes
Painting Atelier is designed to provide support to artists who know the basics but want more education and assistance in the development of their chosen technique. This class will cover the history of painting and provide insight into the practical application of contemporary and traditional art materials and techniques. The Atelier class runs on Tuesday evenings only.
Students will spend the majority of their class time working on their own studio practice and will be assisted with information tailored to their specific needs in a one on one capacity. Other class projects will be formulated intermittently to provide further scope and expansion to each students set of skills. These activities will be voluntary.
Due to popular demand, our Atelier Class has expanded to join with Saturday Open Studio!
About your tutor:
Kez Hughes graduated from the Victorian College of the Arts and Music in 2015 with a Bachelor of Fine Art (Hons) Painting and has gone on to lecture at the Ian Potter Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation at Melbourne University and the Victorian College of Arts and Music.
Where to purchase your materials: The following offer our students a 10% discount
Neil Wallace Printmaking Supplies 409 Gore St, Fitzroy Tel: (03) 9419 5949
St Luke, 32 Smith St, Collingwood Tel: (03) 9486 9992
Chapman & Bailey, 420 Johnston Street , Abbotsford Tel: (03) 9417 7957
MES, 33A St David St, Fitzroy Tel: (03) 9419 5666
- Develop skills and techniques
- This class covers the history of painting and provides insight into the practical application of art materials and techniques to further develop your practice.
- All students continue to receive feedback and support as well as optional class exercises
- Individual attention and support
- Insight into the practical application of art materials and techniques
- Assistance developing your own practice
- Gourmet refreshments
- Step-by-step guidance by professional artists
- Flexibility! If you need to miss a class just let us know in advance and you'll be credited a class. (Maximum of 2 changes per 8 weeks.)
- Your own materials (or hire a kit from us)
- Medium-tack masking tape and a few rags
Advanced students wishing to further their professional practice.
Course refund policy:
- Full refunds for cancellations can be given up to 30 days before the course commencement date. If available, we are happy to transfer you to another course or workshop at a later date with 30 days notice.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations up to 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No refund will be given after 10 days before the course commencement date. Under exceptional circumstances a full refund will be given regardless of date of cancellation.
- No make-up classes can be offered for our beginners courses.
- Please note there is a $20 administration fee + the Weteachme booking fee deducted on all refunds.
Bookings and class cancellations policy:
Due to the high demand for classes and small number of places available in our 4-week beginners course, Fitzroy Painting is unable to swap, substitute or offer ‘make-up’ classes. Ongoing students please contact us if you are unable to attend a class. Absences without notification will forfeit the full class/course fee and receive no credit.
Should Fitzroy Painting be forced to cancel a class students will be notified as soon as possible prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
Collection of work and materials left at the studio: Please understand that our storage capacity is extremely limited. Beginners work and painting kits will only be retained for one month after which they will be disposed of. Ongoing students may store their materials in the shelving provided at the studio.