Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Saturday Drawing Studio
The Drawing Studio programme offers weekly drawing projects which include a range of drawing methods and techniques, including an introduction to perspective and the rendering of form with tone using graphic media (including charcoal, pencil and ink) and the application of these skills in the composition of representational drawings and preparatory sketches.
This class is open to all levels including COMPLETE BEGINNERS! It is also suitable for students preparing folios for tertiary education interviews, and students wanting to 'refresh' their drawing skills.
All materials and morning tea are supplied.
* December special offer! Sign up for the 4-week drawing course starting October 20 AND the Beginners Level 1 Oil Painting course starting November 17 and get $50 off! Email us for the discount code.
About your tutors:
John R. Neeson is a well known Melbourne based Artist/Educator. He has extensive teaching experience at a number of schools including the Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne Polytechnic and Monash University. He has a PhD from Monash University and as a Samstag Scholar a research qualification from The Royal College of Art, London.
Adriane Strampp graduated from Monash University in 2010 with a Master of Fine Art (by Research). She has had over 30 solo exhibitions, been a finalist for numerous prizes and is represented in Sydney by King Street Gallery , Gallerysmith in Melbourne, Hill Smith Gallery in Adelaide, and Jan Manton Art in Brisbane.
- Drawing: Introduction to perspective and pictorial space
- Rendering of form with line and tone (mixed media)
- How to use a range of materials
- Individual attention and support
- Insight into the practical application of art materials and techniques
- Step-by-step guidance by professional artists
- Morning tea
- All drawing materials supplied.
Casual clothes, aprons provided. Drawing can be messy!
Students with some previous experience with oils, students preparing a folio for Tertiary Visual Arts interviews.
Course refund policy:
- Full refunds for cancellations can be given up to 30 days before the course commencement date. If available, we are happy to transfer you to another course or workshop at a later date with 30 days notice.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations up to 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No refund will be given after 10 days before the course commencement date. Under exceptional circumstances a full refund will be given regardless of date of cancellation.
- No make-up classes can be offered for our beginners courses.
- Please note there is a $30 fee deducted on all refunds.
Bookings and class cancellations policy:
Due to the high demand for classes and small number of places available in our 4-week beginners course, Fitzroy Painting is unable to swap, substitute or offer ‘make-up’ classes. Ongoing students please contact us if you are unable to attend a class. Absences without notification will forfeit the full class/course fee and receive no credit.
Should Fitzroy Painting be forced to cancel a class students will be notified as soon as possible prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
Uncollected materials and artworks will be disposed of at the end of each year.