Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Watercolours: The Natural World
This class explores a range of drawing and watercolour techniques under the guidance of Melbourne artist Judith Van Heeren.
Over a four-week period students will develop skills in drawing and the use of watercolours using the natural world as inspiration. It is anticipated that this class will continue as a mixed-level ongoing class for students wishing to stay on and further develop skills and techniques, and new students are welcome to join at any time.
Beginners will be guided through the basics of drawing and watercolours, making a series of small studies. Continuing or more advanced students are welcome to bring their own projects to the class for assistance and feedback, or to explore tasks suggested by the teacher.
This class is suitable for both complete beginners and students with some previous experience. Each student will work at their own level with one-on-one guidance.
Throughout the course there will be practical demonstrations and the opportunity to ask questions. Students may choose to bring their own paper, brushes and watercolours or pay a small fee to have all materials provided. A materials list will be emailed upon booking.
- An understanding of the principles of observational drawing
- Basic skills in using watercolours
- Advanced watercolour techniques
- One-on-one guidance from an established artist
- Finished works to take home
- Morning tea
- Your watercolours, brushes and paper or hire a kit from us
Casual clothes, aprons available
This class is open to all levels
Course refund policy:
- Full refunds for cancellations can be given up to 30 days before the course commencement date. If available, we are happy to transfer you to another course or workshop at a later date with 30 days notice.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations up to 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No refund will be given after 10 days before the course commencement date. Under exceptional circumstances a full refund will be given regardless of date of cancellation.
- No make-up classes can be offered for our beginners courses.
- Please note there is a $30 fee deducted on all refunds.
Bookings and class cancellations policy:
Due to the high demand for classes and small number of places available in our 4-week beginners course, Fitzroy Painting is unable to swap, substitute or offer ‘make-up’ classes. Ongoing students please contact us if you are unable to attend a class. Absences without notification will forfeit the full class/course fee and receive no credit.
Should Fitzroy Painting be forced to cancel a class students will be notified as soon as possible prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
Uncollected materials and artworks will be disposed of at the end of each year.