Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Watercolours: The Natural World
This short course explores a range of drawing and watercolour techniques under the guidance of Melbourne artist Judith Van Heeren.
Over a four-week period students will build up skills in drawing and the use of watercolours using the natural world as inspiration.
Beginning with observational drawing and a selection of resource materials, students will make a series of studies on paper. The second part of the course will focus on the use of watercolours, developing general principles of colour mixing, light, shade and composition through experimentation before going on to make a final finished work in week four.
Throughout the course there will be practical demonstrations and one on one guidance. All materials are provided and this course is suitable for all levels.
- An understanding of the principles of observational drawing
- Basic skills in using watercolours
- The opportunity to try a range of artist-grade materials
- Finished works to take home
- Morning tea
- All materials are supplied
Casual clothes, aprons available
Open to all levels
Course refund policy:
- Full refunds for cancellations can be given up to 30 days before the course commencement date. If available, we are happy to transfer you to another course or workshop at a later date with 30 days notice.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations up to 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No refund will be given after 10 days before the course commencement date. Under exceptional circumstances a full refund will be given regardless of date of cancellation.
- No make-up classes can be offered for our beginners courses.
- Please note there is a $30 fee deducted on all refunds.
Bookings and class cancellations policy:
Due to the high demand for classes and small number of places available in our 4-week beginners course, Fitzroy Painting is unable to swap, substitute or offer ‘make-up’ classes. Ongoing students please contact us if you are unable to attend a class. Absences without notification will forfeit the full class/course fee and receive no credit.
Should Fitzroy Painting be forced to cancel a class students will be notified as soon as possible prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
Uncollected materials and artworks will be disposed of at the end of each year.