Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Watercolour Workshop on the Mornington Peninsula
You are invited to join Melbourne artist and Fitzroy Painting tutor Judith Van Heeren at the beautiful Silver Leaf yoga school on the Mornington Peninsula for a one-day intensive watercolour workshop.
The focus of this workshop will be 'Seeing' and will be inspired by the sea, the sand and the shoreline. Judith will give practical demonstrations and guide the students through the process of picturing nature. This workshop is suitable for beginners with all materials provided.
Techniques we will explore include:
- Simple colour wheel of primaries and grey scale
- Wet on wet and wet on dry
- Basic observational drawing
- Painting directly from life
- Creating depth and detail
The day will include morning and afternoon tea and a delicious healthy lunch with local produce .
Examining nature closely keeps us in the here-and-now and brings a greater awareness of our environment.
Follow Judith's Instagram feed for images of her latest work.
Judith Van Heeren is a professional artist who has been painting images from the natural world for the past 30 years. She exhibits in private and public galleries, and her work is held in many public and private collections nationally and internationally. Judith has been finalist in prizes including the Geelong contemporary art prize and Waterhouse natural history art prize. While predominantly known for her oil paintings, she considers her watercolours on paper the essence of her practice as the intimacy of paper and the delicacy of watercolour allow her to explore the sublime in the natural world. In recent years Judith has conducted private workshops in addition to her own practice.
- An understanding of the principles of observational drawing
- Basic skills in using watercolours
- Advanced watercolour techniques
- One-on-one guidance from an established artist
- Insight into the practical application of art materials and techniques
- Delicious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea using local produce
- All materials provided however a small notebook may be useful
Course refund policy:
- Full refunds for cancellations can be given up to 30 days before the course commencement date. If available, we are happy to transfer you to another course or workshop at a later date with 30 days notice.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations up to 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No refund will be given after 10 days before the course commencement date. Under exceptional circumstances a full refund will be given regardless of date of cancellation.
- No make-up classes can be offered for our beginners courses.
- Please note there is a $30 fee deducted on all refunds.
Bookings and class cancellations policy:
Due to the high demand for classes and small number of places available in our 4-week beginners course, Fitzroy Painting is unable to swap, substitute or offer ‘make-up’ classes. Ongoing students please contact us if you are unable to attend a class. Absences without notification will forfeit the full class/course fee and receive no credit.
Should Fitzroy Painting be forced to cancel a class students will be notified as soon as possible prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
Uncollected materials and artworks will be disposed of at the end of each year.