Buy a Gift Voucher
Watercolours: The Natural World Level 1
Watercolour basics for beginners
FITZROY PAINTING WILL TEMPORARILY CLOSE FROM TUESDAY 17 MARCH WHILE THE COVID-19 SITUATION UNFOLDS. ANY CLASSES BOOKED WILL BE RESCHEDULED AS NECESSARY AND ALL BOOKINGS WILL BE CREDITED TO THE NEXT COURSE.
This 4-week course explores a range of drawing and watercolour techniques under the guidance of Melbourne artist Judith Van Heeren, and is suitable for complete beginners and those wanting to refresh skills.
Students will develop skills in drawing, colour mixing and a variety of watercolour techniques using the natural world as inspiration, and making a series of small studies.
Throughout the course there will be practical demonstrations, one-on-one guidance and the opportunity to ask questions. Students may choose to bring their own paper, brushes and watercolours or pay a small fee to have all materials provided. A materials list will be emailed upon booking.
Fitzroy Painting also has kits for purchase at checkout, kits contain seven tubes of artist quality watercolours, a porcelain palette, pad of 300GM cold press watercolour paper and two special brushes.
- An understanding of the principles of observational drawing
- Basic skills in using watercolours
- Advanced watercolour techniques
- One-on-one guidance from an established artist
- Finished works to take home
- Morning tea
- Your watercolours, brushes and paper or hire a kit from us
Casual clothes, aprons available
This class is open to all levels
Course refund policy:
- There is no charge to transfer you to another course or workshop at a later date with 30 days notice.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations up to 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No refund will be given after 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No make-up classes can be offered for our beginners courses.
- Please note there is a $20 administration fee + the Weteachme booking fee deducted on all refunds.
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Should a course booked need to be postponed a credit voucher will be issued and the class or workshop rescheduled.
Bookings and class cancellations policy:
Due to the high demand for classes and small number of places available in our 4-week beginners course and workshops, Fitzroy Painting is unable to swap, substitute or offer ‘make-up’ classes. Full details can be found on our refund policy.
Ongoing students please contact us if you are unable to attend a class. Absences without notification will forfeit the full class/course fee and receive no credit.
Should Fitzroy Painting be forced to cancel a class students will be notified as soon as possible prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit voucher for a replacement class, course or workshop.
Collection of work and materials left at the studio: Please understand that our storage capacity is extremely limited. Beginners work and painting kits will only be retained for one month after which they will be disposed of. Ongoing students may store their materials in the shelving provided at the studio.