Buy a Gift Voucher
Drawing Studio 1
Drawing for Beginners and Intermediate students
FITZROY PAINTING WILL TEMPORARILY CLOSE FROM TUESDAY 17 MARCH WHILE THE COVID-19 SITUATION UNFOLDS. ANY CLASSES BOOKED WILL BE RESCHEDULED AS NECESSARY AND ALL BOOKINGS WILL BE CREDITED TO THE NEXT COURSE.
Drawing Studio: Tutor Ebony Truscott
Learn to see differently! Our new Drawing Studio programme offers a series of drawing projects exploring a range of drawing methods, materials and techniques suitable for beginners and those wanting a refresher.
- an introduction to drawing materials and their uses
- how to see and describe tonal values
- composition and proportions
- rendering techniques to accurately describe form
- line and mark-making
- formal and exploratory drawing techniques
This class is open to all levels including COMPLETE BEGINNERS. There will be demonstrations and one-on-one guidance throughout the course.
All materials and refreshments are supplied.
This year we are excited to be introducing a second drawing programme Contemporary Still Life specifically designed for painters wanting to develop their drawing skills in preparation for painting. This course will be taken by Ebony Truscott.
About your tutor:
Ebony Truscott is an Australian artist employing observational realism in painting and works on paper. Her work is marked by an interest in human sensation and perception, particularly the relationship between sight and touch. She has taught at the National Gallery of Australia, The University of Melbourne, the Victorian College of the Arts, and is represented by Niagara Galleries in Melbourne.
- Drawing simple shapes and basic perspective
- Describing pictorial space and rendering of form using line and tone
- How to use a range of drawing materials and techniques
- Insight into the practical application of art materials and techniques
- Practical demonstrations and one-on-one guidance
- Refreshments including wine and cheese
- All drawing materials are supplied.
Casual, keep in mind charcoal can be messy.
Complete beginners and students wanting to refresh or develop drawing skills
Course refund policy:
- There is no charge to transfer you to another course or workshop at a later date with 30 days notice.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations up to 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No refund will be given after 10 days before the course commencement date.
- No make-up classes can be offered for our beginners courses.
- Please note there is a $20 administration fee + the Weteachme booking fee deducted on all refunds.
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Should a course booked need to be postponed a credit voucher will be issued and the class or workshop rescheduled.
Bookings and class cancellations policy:
Due to the high demand for classes and small number of places available in our 4-week beginners course and workshops, Fitzroy Painting is unable to swap, substitute or offer ‘make-up’ classes. Full details can be found on our refund policy.
Ongoing students please contact us if you are unable to attend a class. Absences without notification will forfeit the full class/course fee and receive no credit.
Should Fitzroy Painting be forced to cancel a class students will be notified as soon as possible prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit voucher for a replacement class, course or workshop.
Collection of work and materials left at the studio: Please understand that our storage capacity is extremely limited. Beginners work and painting kits will only be retained for one month after which they will be disposed of. Ongoing students may store their materials in the shelving provided at the studio.